Earth Observation - Disruptive Technology and New Space
This is a short MOOC from ESA which consists of a series of interviews with leading experts across Earth Observation and related technologies. This MOOC also acts as an additional section for the 'Earth Observation from Space: The Optical View' MOOC.
The explosion in Earth Observation (EO) data from the Sentinel programme, a new generation of commercial satellites, and emerging constellations of small-sats, has created one of the greatest ‘big data’ challenges in the world today. In this course you will explore technologies such as AI, 3D data visualisation, cloud computing technologies and blockchain, and learn how they are meeting the needs of the ever growing data analytics and data navigation challenges in EO.
Module 1 - AI, Big Data Analytics and Data Visualisation
- 1a - AI, Big Data Analytics and Data Visualisation – Overview
- 1b - Storytelling with data
- 1c - The role of citizen science in Big Data Analytics
- 1d - The view from business - more examples
Module 2 - The New 'Internet of Data'
- 2a - The new 'Internet of Data' - Overview
- 2b - New EO business models enabled by the cloud
- 2c - Blockchain - enabling greater trust in the data
- 2d - The scale of cloud-based processing and storage
Module 3 - EO – What Comes Next…
- 3a - EO – What comes next… – Overview
- 3b - Smart sensors and Space 4.0
- 3c - Open data, collaboration and skills
You may like...
Learn how the Greenland ice sheet is monitored from space and the ground.